Cybercrime is one of the most entrenched crimes today. Do you know that there has been an increase in cyber crime of up to 600% due to the pandemi? That is why installing decent antivirus software on your electronics devices is crucial to protect your data & valuable informations.
Read Also : Top 5 Billing Software Most Popular
Worldwide, antivirus program are known to detect 350,000 viruses every day. Amid the presence of numerous viruses, it is difficult & important to choose a decent antivirus software wisely. That is why we have put together the 5 best antivirus software for you. But first, let us see what antivirus software is & how this software work.
What is antivirus software
Antivirus software is designed to detect, prevent and remove any malicious software and fight against intimidating codes to protect the computer and practical data. This antivirus software is present in the form of applications on computers.
The technology behind antivirus software is advancing day by day eliminating the use of traditional software. The new technology works with modern data security concept, including industry collaboration, human-competent risk analysis, centralized global scanning, alert supports & cloud integration. Modern antivirus software can:
- Block, detect or remove ransomware, malware and viruses.
- Block fraud and phishing as well as identity theft.
- The dark web can be scanned to check for email address compromises.
- It displays warning messages before links or websites and prevents you from clicking on such scams.
- Provides a set of training and instructions on what to do and what not to do while browsing online to protect your data.
- Password encryption policy to keep accounts locked and preserved.
- It ensures that computer programming runs smoothly and without crashes.
- People often remain confused about whether they should buy paid antivirus software or whether free software is enough for data security. But our devices like phones, tablets or smartphones contain everything including private images and official data. It insists that we choose paid antivirus software that offer better security option with modern technologies and remains solely responsible for detecting and protesting against viruses.
Top Antivirus Software
McAfee Internet Security antivirus is one of the best antivirus software that provides comprehensive protection against malware. McAfee even provides access to their software for INR 799, which contains entry-level antivirus software features.
This software contains a two way firewall and file shredder with access to up to 10 devices. It can run on almost all devices including iOS, macOS, Windows, & Android. But this entry-level McAfee antivirus software doesn’t include parental control.
You must purchase McAfee LiveSafe or McAfee Total Protection to gain access to password managers & parental controls. Unlimited VPN access is only available in the McAfee Total Protection Ultimate version.
- Antivirus scanner with real-time malware detection.
- Contains ransomware rollback and password manager.
- Firewall, wifi security and PC optimization.
- Identity Protection Service
- Excellent malware protection with copious machine protection at an affordable price.
2. Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is popularly known for its hassle free virus scanning ability with light method impact, decent protections against malware and lots of additional feature.
In addition, it also contains a Wifi network detector, a virtual keyword in a fixed browser & unlimited access to a password manager. You can get access to software protection for 10 devices if you own the Bitdefender Antivirus Plus Software version for Rs 4,799 per year first year.
- Contains ransomware rollback and password manager.
- Includes a virtual keyboard.
- It has a browser and reinforced game modes.
- Limited upsell VPN and a wifi scanner.
3. Norton 360 Deluxe
Norton itself is a strong brand that has provided plenty of antivirus software since forever, but its spin off Norton 360 Deluxe is head & shoulder above them. Traditional Norton antivirus software had great systems performance, but Norton 360 Deluxe is the increasingly refined version with much lighter system performance.
Provides up to 50 GB of free digital storage space. If you want to have this antivirus software for up to 10 or 20 devices, you can go for the Premium versions of Norton 360.
You can also request up to your additional space packages online and change LifeLock services. Although Norton still lacks the secure web browser, file encryption and file destruction features. It also slows down in case of a complete & timely scan of the data.
Norton Secure VPN is not available in India due to governments regulation, but one can use their VPN when traveling outside of India.
- Contains parental control & a password manager.
- Includes firewall, game modes and backup software.
- Provides webcam protection.
- Decent malware protection and higher levels of Lifelock recognition security.
4. ESET Smart Security Premium
If you are looking for small system performance, fast scanning & excellent malware protection, ESET Smart Security Premium is an option you should consider when reviewing the best antivirus software.
Although it doesn’t contain backup software, a VPN client, or a file shredder, its premium smarts features, including a password manager and file encryption, fill the gap. ESET is quite affordable for some devices, but if you want to control this unique antivirus software on multiple devices at once, ESET can get expensive.
- Convenient operation and good malware protection.
- Webcam protection, a hardened browser, and file encryption.
- Browser that tightens partitions and parental controls.
5. Trend Micro Maximum Security
The best version of Trend Micro Maximum Security to opt for is its mid range edition. It contains almost all the necessary features to protect the device along with backup storage & cloud storage.
Its premium version also has dark web monitoring of private data and an additional VPN. The only problem Trend Micro Maximum Security software encounters is heavy system loads during heavy scanning.
- Includes a hardened browser and parental control.
- Hide game mode, password manager and VPN.
- Includes dark web scans and a secure browser for malware protection.
Therefore, it was about the best antivirus software. All five have their advantages & disadvantages. Some can works well with fewer devices, while others are convenient for managing multiple devices together. You can choose any of them based on your requirement & preferences.